In case your unit displays a message that it can not connect to the Cloud Service, ValoMotion Support has asked you to the check the internet connection, or you have reason to believe there might be a problem with the connection, in this article you will find instructions on how to manually check the connection.
Checking the connection status from Windows
Before performing these steps, please enquire firstname.lastname@example.org to get the password for admin login to Windows.
- Attach a USB-keyboard to the USB port on the left side of the touch screen on the unit
- When the unit is running, hit CTRL+ALT+DEL simultaneously on the keyboard
- Check the toolbar at the bottom tight corner of the screen to see if the network icon (pictured below) says "Internet access"
Checking ethernet extension outside of the case
Most ValoJump units are have an ethernet cable extension adapter connected outside the case. This is used to couple the short ethernet cable that extends out of the case, to a longer ethernet cable cming from your internet source (router/wall outlet). This extension adapter might have come loose, depending on where it is situated.
- Follow the ethernet cabling coming out from the case
- Look for the adapter which connects the ethernet cable coming out of the main units case to a longer ethernet cable (picture below)
- When you find the adapter, check that both cables are connected firmly to it
Checking ethernet connection inside case
In case Windows does not show an active internet connection, please check the ethernet cable according to the following instructions.
- The ethernet cable connects to the PC inside the case of the main unit
- To check this you need to open the main case, see instructions for this here.
- After removing the lid check all cable connections in the PC, especially the ethernet connection
- Close the case according to these instructions.
- Make sure the ethernet cable is connected properly on the other end (router/wall outlet)
In case you have tried all the solutions in this article but the internet connection is still inactive, please contact email@example.com and describe the troubleshooting steps you have taken this far.