The ValoJump unit needs to be connected to the internet at all times, this is needed for the following reasons:
- The units subscription is verified from the Cloud service at every startup
- The unit sends important diagnostic data to Valo Motion support to proactively prevent any problems
- Scheduled on/off times and other important settings are synced from the Cloud Service
- New patches and updates are downloaded from the Valo Motion server
- Remote support requires an active internet connection
The internet connection should always be done via an ethernet cable, this ensures a good and stable connection, and maximum bandwidth. We do not recommend using a WiFi connection since in our experience these have caused issues with connection stability, bandwidth and make remote access difficult which in turn affects support quality.
It is possible to connect the ValoJump to the internet via WiFi, but please note the above mentioned cautions before you choose to do this.
- Plug in a USB-keyboard to the touch screen
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL simultaneously
- Tap the internet connection icon on the bottom right corner of the screen
- Select your WiFi-network
- Insert your WiFi-password (if any)
- Tick the "Connect automatically" checkbox
- Tap connect